Aftercare and FAQs
So, you just got a new tattoo or body piercing - now what?
We have great aftercare advice below so you can ensure fast quality healing for your new body art.
Below, we answer your most burning questions. If you have something that is not listed, please reach out to us.
Aftercare Instructions - Tattoo
Aftercare Instructions - Piercings
- Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly before touching your piercing for any reason.
- Leave it alone! Aside from checking and tightening threaded jewelry, avoid touching and playing with your piercing. This reduces the risk of bacteria being introduced.
- Do not change your jewelry until the piercing is fully healed.
- Do not remove your jewelry for an extended period as it may close rapidly.
- Be kind to your new piercing; avoid any trauma, excessive movement, and touching.
- Keep your piercing clean; keep any cosmetics and exfoliates away from it.
- Saline solution (1tsp sea salt to 8oz water):
* Shake before using.
* Apply using a q-tip.
* Clean both sides of the piercing thoroughly.
For Oral Piercings
- Follow the same as above with the addition of Alcohol Free Mouthwash.
- Use twice per day. DO NOT overuse.
- After eating or drinking (other than water), rinse mouth with water until the piercing feels clean and free of debris.
- Avoid spicy foods, round hard candy, and granulated foods as these can cause discomfort.
- Use frozen drinks or popsicles to reduce swelling and pain.
- Avoid smoking as this can cause irritation to your new piercing. If you do smoke, rinse mouth thoroughly immediately after.
- AVOID drinking wine or beer for 4 weeks after new piercing. The live yeast present in these drinks can promote swelling.
Frequently Asked Questions